Saturday 13 September 2014

I love autumn

Autumn has always been my favourite season. It's a period of change, the leaves are turning into beautiful golds and reds, there are tinted sunrises and golden sunsets and throughout the day there is delicate sunlight. The days aren't too warm and they're not too cold - they're just right. You could say they're the 'baby bear' of days for me.

One thing I love to do in the autumn is take walks and last week I managed to convince SBB to join me one evening for a stroll. We headed down towards the river and it was simply gorgeous. I took my 'nice' camera so I also managed to get some awesome photos.






 It was a lovely evening and we were out for about an hour. We even took a 'short cut' home through a field but it was so overgrown that SBB didn't fare so well in his shorts. He'd laughed at me for wearing jeans before we left... I tried not to be too smug!
















It was the first time that we'd taken a walk together down to the river since we moved - we'd almost forgotten that such beautiful views were right on our doorstep!

But this autumn isn't just about evening walks and beautiful countryside for us, it's also about preparing for a significant change in our lives. One very important thing to know about me is that I'm a planner. I love to plan; writing lists, making spreadsheets, research. I'm the type of person that streetviews areas that we plan to visit. I plan holidays over a year in advance. Our wedding was planned three years before we got married.

SBB and I have discussed the possibility of children almost to death and we've finally decided that no amount of planning can really make us ready (which, as a planner who likes to exactly what's going to happen and when, is a little terrifying!) so we've decided to go for it. A little over a week ago I started taking Folic Acid after talking to my GP about what I needed to do to medically prepare so we're on a countdown until the end of the year.

Now we just need to finish the flat and get it on the market (and sold!) before our family (and I) start expanding! Right... Where's that paintbrush?





No comments:

Post a Comment