Wednesday 23 December 2015

Second Trimester Update - Weeks 13 - 18

As I write this I'm currently 19 weeks pregnant. I don't have any diary entries since the 12 weeks scan.
The days following the scan were a blur of telling people, excitement and then soothing injured feelings as some people didn't get to tell the people they wanted to because others had got there first... Let's keep the important thing in mind, here, okay folks? I'm having a baby - it's a happy occasion....
Anyway.
I still haven't been feeling any sickness. I get tired more easily and out of breath more quickly. I haven't had any cravings.
I've managed to put off buying a pregnancy pillow - still not entirely convinced it'd be worth the money - and been making do with two extra pillows. I'm getting used to the pillows but finding it a real struggle to sleep on my left side. I'm a 'front-sleeper' by habit although that hasn't been possible since about 7 weeks as it was uncomfortable on my growing bump. Some nights are okay but other nights my shoulder is in agony and it's now getting more difficult to move about in bed.
Last week we had a major scare as Cillian developed GI stasis - the very thing that killed Pancho. He seems to be doing fine now, but he's still on medication.
I hadn't been feeling like I was looking pregnant - more like I'd been at the mince pies early - but now I'm uploading the pictures I realise my bump is definitely looking like a baby bump!
Week 13

Week 14

Week 15

Week 16

Week 17

Week 18

No comments:

Post a Comment