Tuesday 5 January 2016

19 weeks pregnant


This week was busy. In addition to preparing for Christmas I've been frantically trying to finish off a workout challenge I'd set myself.

I'd first felt fetal movements around 15 weeks. The only way I can describe it is as a tingling sensation - like blood returning to a limb that's gone to sleep - in my abdomen, but when I put my hand on my belly it wasn't on the surface. The tingling got stronger over the weeks and this week has felt like the twitching of a nerve. SBB can't wait to feel the movements and I can't wait to share it with him.

Sleeping is still a bit hit and miss. I've resisted buying a maternity pillow - at the moment I'm using two normal pillows - one to support my front and one against my back to stop me rolling backwards. They're working just enough that I can't justify the expense of a one-purpose pillow. There are still some nights that I wake up and my left shoulder is in agony. I'm just not used to sleeping in one position all night and sometimes wake up to find I've rolled onto my back or onto my right hand side.

People have started to comment on my bump now - I even had an acquaintance give it a small rub. I wasn't very impressed and wasn't shy about reasserting personal boundaries.

No comments:

Post a Comment