Saturday 16 January 2016

Steak Out - The Crown Inn, Shorwell

Before Christmas SBB and I headed out for dinner one evening at The Crown Inn - I've mentioned before about our love of a good steak. Our usual place - The Lifeboat in East Cowes - gets a little busy at times but also the steak has been a little hit and miss the last few times so SBB and I have been looking for somewhere else as a decent back up.

I suggested that I make our search a bit of a mini-series for the blog, so here's how our dinner went:

We'd been to The Crown before for ghost walk evenings and I've been there once or twice with the girls and always enjoyed the steak which is Isle of Wight beef.




As it was getting close to Christmas I booked a table - turned out we didn't need to and we the only customers there for a fair while. They'd placed us on the tightest booth in the pub - SBB and I kept bumping it when we sat down and SBB's drink spilt over the table, which didn't put him in the best of moods.


Steak was only available on the specials board - not in the main menu - but when I went to order two the serving staff said he'd have to go to the kitchen and check with the chef if they had two steaks to sell.

Okay....
So you've only just started service and you're not sure if you have enough of the specials to serve two people?
Not impressed.

As it happened they DID have two steaks.


The amount of food was quite small for the price - the picture of my plate has SBB's portion of onion rings on it too - and the meat was a little dry and tasteless. The rocket was wilted and old and the mushrooms were overcooked and greasy.

The search continues....

No comments:

Post a Comment