If you search the internet you can find numerous blog posts and forum discussions about the ridiculous, and sometimes just plain rude, things pregnant women have had said to them.
So here, in no particular order, are some of things that I had said to me:
- Has it not sunk in yet?
- I think you'll find....
"I think you'll find you'll need one," my mother intoned in Mama's & Papa's. Well, my son is 3 months old and I haven't needed one yet. (So there!)
- You're getting big/your bump's grown etc
- It's scary (in reference to growing bump)
Erm, no, actually I'm not spawning a harbinger of doom. I'm growing a beautiful baby and it's wonderful.
- You've got all this to look forward to
Well, what are the chances?
- Are you nervous [about labour]? I'd be petrified
- Wow, you're organised/prepared
- Was it planned?
- Oh, so you're keeping it a secret
- Oh bless her, she's nesting!
- Your hair looks great, but wait until the baby starts pulling on it